In June of 2016, I joined the Wallet team at Capital One. Over the course of 2016, we worked towards a small visual refresh for the iOS and Android applications, redesigned the user journey for a handful of our experiences, and released two new features. One of those features, Thin Wallet, allowed you to store Gift Cards, Loyalty Cards, and other various cards digitally. The second feature being In-Store Discounts where we offered thousands of coupons to customers and used geolocation features to surface discounts to you while you were in a store.
Wallet was designed to help customers effortlessly save money and shop savvier. It was a shopping companion to the Capital One Mobile app. I had the opportunity to lead the UX/UI for the Discounts feature in Wallet, which was based on harnessing data and mobile platforms to provide contextual insights in the moment that could help people with their financial lives. In late 2017, the decision was made to shut Capital One Wallet down and merge our 9 million users into the flagship Capital One mobile application.
• Android Design Lead for Capital One Wallet.
• As of July 2018, we averaged a 4.6 star customer rating on the Google Play Store with nearly 60,000 reviews.
• Design Lead for the Capital One Wallet In-Store Discounts feature for Android, which debuted at SXSW 2017.
• Developed and defined a visual design framework and design methodology for Capital One Wallet to work towards creating a cohesive brand experience across Android and iOS.
• Oversaw the implementation of our notable Wallet features into Capital One Mobile during the sunsetting of Wallet. This included features such as Google Pay and Apple Wallet activation, instant purchase notifications, and card lock.